The Best UK Wedding Directory

Religious marriages

If you wish to be married in the Church of England or Church in Wales, speak to the vicar of the church in which you wish to marry. There is usually no need to involve your local register office.

Find a church in the UK
Stacks Image 410

Civil marriages

A civil marriage ceremony or civil partnership can take place in any register office in England or Wales, or at any venue approved by the local authority.  These include stately homes and other prestigious buildings, hotels and restaurants.

Search for your local register office here
Stacks Image 423

Getting married abroad

If you have any general enquiries about marrying or forming a civil partnership abroad, you should contact the Embassy or High Commission of the country concerned. You may be asked for a ‘certificate of no impediment’. This is a document required by some foreign authorities to enable a non-national to marry in their country. If you are asked for one, contact your local register office.

Civil Partnerships

A civil partnership is a legal relationship for same-sex couples in the UK. It gives such couples comparable rights to those who are heterosexual and married. Bear in mind that civil partnerships are similar, but not the same as marriage.

For more information on civil partnerships visit: - Guide to the Real World

Stonewall - Working for equality and justice for lesbians, gay men and bisexuals.

The Gay Wedding Show - Britain's first and official gay and lesbian wedding show.
Part of the TLC Wedding Network